Theater Emory is a resident professional company and the producing organization for Theater Studies. It serves as a laboratory for faculty artistic research and engages adventurous students and professional artists in the creation of innovative productions and new works.
Theater Emory seasons, typically four productions, vary greatly from year to year. They may focus on:
- the current interests of students and faculty;
- central themes and urgent current issues;
- diverse styles, periods and author;
- plays of a single playwright;
- opportunities to work with visiting artists.