Theater Studies and Economics, 2015
Highlights at Emory
- Performing Henrietta Musgrove in Jane Austen's Persuasion
- Performing Vivian Bearing in my favorite play, Wit
- Learning how to operate a light board during The Lieutenant of Inishmore,
- Designing makeup for Starving Artist's production of The Phantom Tollbooth
- Acting: Fundamentals with Professor Janice Akers.
- Principles of Design with Professor Sarah Culpepper and Elizabeth Waldman.
When I first started getting involved in the theater program at Emory, I was surprised at how tightknit and supportive the community was. The professors are spectacular and really want you to succeed both academically and professionally. There's a vibrant student theater program which gives students the opportunity to direct, design, stage manage, and act; and Theater at Emory allows students to perform alongside and learn from professionals. There's so much opportunity here that it's easy to overcommit yourself, which I was definitely guilty of.