McLean, VAMFA, UCLA
PhD, Educational Administration and Leadership
Executive Director of Curriculum Development, Catapult Learning, LLC
Completed my MFA in theater at UCLA, then returned to Atlanta and worked at 7Stages as Literary Manager for a couple of years. Moved to New York City to work with Emory and UCLA friends in a small, off-off-Broadway theater company for about 5 years. Taught middle and high school during that time and became a curriculum writer and manager. Gradually moved away from theater production and started writing fiction.
- Published a mystery novel, Cool for Cats, in fall of 2012 (http://crafting-a-life.com/c4c/). Currently working on a sequel.
- Completing my doctorate in educational administration and leadership
Highlights at Emory
- Writing and performing with Rathskellar
- Writing and producing my own plays
- Working with and learning from local and visiting professional actors and directors
- TE: Everyman, Two Masters, Curse of the Starving Class, and Mad Dog Blues
Being involved with Theater Emory during its pioneer years taught me a lot about the challenges and opportunities of taking creative risks, building new programs, and managing change. Working as an assistant director with resident and visiting directors taught me a lot about artistic and creative team leadership. Working with Rathskellar (back when it performed written skits) taught me a lot about writing in teams, meeting aggressive deadlines, and being brutally critical about my own work.